Monday, June 23, 2014

Chocolate brownie ice cream

We had our annual Welcome to Summer party, where we served all you can eat ice cream for my daughter and all our friends.  It's a really fun party, and this year the ice creams were awesome!

For the brownie ice cream, first I needed to make my Mom's famous brownies.  I made them the day before I made the ice cream.  Trust me, these are good!
Brownies:
2 "eggs" beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 square margarine and 1/4 cup cocoa, melted together
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
1 cup and 2 TBS flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Melt margarine and cocoa together in the microwave in a bowl.  Blend in sugar.  Cool.  In a separate bowl, mix up 2 EnerG egg replacements and beat with mixers, for 2 minutes.  Add "eggs" to mixture.   Add sifted dry ingredients.  Add vanilla.  Spread in greased 8x8 pan.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Do not over bake.

Now for the ice cream:
My basic coconut milk ice cream is:
2 cans full fat coconut milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Keep the coconut milk in the fridge, so it's cold when you start.  Mix all the ingredients together until sugar is blended.  Next, add Hershey's chocolate syrup, until you like the chocolateyness.  I think I probably added 1/3 cup, but didn't measure.
Mix in an ice cream machine according to your instructions.
When the ice cream is almost mixed, add in 2 cups of brownie pieces and let it finish mixing.

Store in the freezer, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment